For Martin Luther King Day (2 months ago) we decided to go on a day trip nearby. We went to a place called Sunshine City in Tokyo.
Sunshine City opened in 1978. Sunshine City is Tokyo's oldest city within the city with the 240 meter tall Sunshine 60 skyscraper at its center. The complex features an aquarium, observation deck, museum, the Sunshine Prince Hotel, a Namco theme park, offices, convention space and lots of shops and restaurants.
The Aquarium
Our friends, The Collins, came with us. To hear about our "fun" adventure on the drive to Sunshine city visit
their blog to read what happened. We had a great time with them...despite the rocky trip there :) Thanks for making it an exciting day!
Huge crabs!
Tia,
Jayden, &
Brentlee. Of course they had to have their faces pressed right up to the glass. If they could have gotten closer they would have.
Jayden had a blast running with the huge stingray.
Observation Deck
(on the 60th floor)
Isn't Tokyo crazy? I still can't believe we live here!

This is how they really feel about having their pictures taken.
Namco Food Theme Park
Sunshine Namja Town is an indoor theme park by Namco, the creator of Pacman and many other arcade games and leisure products. The theme park recreates Tokyo alleys of past decades and features among other attractions food theme parks about gyoza, ice cream and chou cream.
I don't know how to explain this except that it's like an indoor carnival and all the food is the same kind, but just different varieties of it. We had to go and at least try it because it's unique to Japan and it sounded fun.

The
Namco cat greeting us at the entrance. He was a little
freaky.
Gyoza Theme Park
Here's a picture of all the different owners and their gyoza (water dumplings) specialties.
Gyoza Alley
We had no idea which one to choose so we chose the first person that didn't look scared to let our kids in their shop.
The Collins and us eating our gyoza.

I liked these
gyoza because they were flat and skinny. I don't like ANYTHING with too much stuff inside it!

We had to take a picture because this little Japanese lady was so darn cute!

I loved this! They had pictures of all the owners on the wall above their shop. I thought it was awesome! I want one of Shane & I in our home so that the kids know who's the boss :)
Ice Cream Theme Park

My little brother Rick would have loved this. We did this for you Rick! I wish you could have smelled this place...it was awesome!

Shane &
Jayden's choice.

Mine and Tia's choice. I couldn't pass up a cute skull flag and a chocolate castle.
Tia loved it!
1 comment:
Amy! Your blog always amazes me ...everything you've been doing and experiencing - thank goodness for blogging I would have missed out on hearing all this good stuff! Wish I could have seen you last month in St. G - I hope you are planning another trip home sometime this summer! We move June 26!
Post a Comment