Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nikko National Park

Back in November on Veteran's Day, we took a 2 1/2 hour drive up into the mountains to visit Nikko National Park. It was a very peaceful, beautiful day with no agenda...just how we like it! Here are a few things we did.

Tobu World Square
We started out the day at this place. Everything is miniaturized. The kids thought it was so cool that everything was so small. We visited all sorts of places including...

Tokyo Train Station

Tokyo Narita Airport

New York
(Yes I am wearing a hot pink sweat outfit...don't worry, this was the 1st and last day that I wore it outside of my home. Cut me some slack though...it was a day off and it was really cold. I didn't feel like getting dressed. I don't think I was called by my name that whole day...instead I was called the Pink Panther. I might wear it again just to embarrass my family-he he)

Egypt

Vatican City

Germany
(this picture is for you Uncle Rick)

Italy again.

Paris

China

Gosh, we crossed off a whole list of places we wanted to go all within one day....and we didn't even have to buy any plane tickets or go through jet lag. Awesome!

The drive through the mountains was absolutely beautiful!

Waterfall & Lake
We then drove up the mountains to this waterfall and lake. To get to the bottom of the waterfall we took an elevator down through the mountain...it was pretty cool...that's my style of hiking on a cold day :)

Another great day!

And, of course...we finished off the day at a local hot spring. We drove around the lake, found a neat log cabin hotel, and asked if they had a hot spring. They did...yay! It was a cold night which made it a perfect night for an outdoor hot spring. The only downfall was that it was a sulfur hot spring, so we stunk for about 2 days after...phewee! It was still worth it though.

We didn't get to do all that Nikko had to offer so I am sure we will go back. Till next time Nikko...Sayonara!

2 comments:

The Allreds said...

such beautiful things to see! glad you're having so much fun!
and...pink panther isn't a bad nickname : )

Jaime said...

HOLY POST!!!! I love it! I have to go back + make sure I didn't miss anything, but wow! You guys are so awesome! And thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, I felt dumb writing it and hoped it wasn't taken the wrong way like i'm not grateful for everything I have, it's just how I had been feeling and once I got it out I felt so much better! Cheap therapy I guess :) I have learned A LOT this year and now realize I was meant to come here to learn and to teach me things to benefit the rest of my life! I appreciate your words + you are one of the people I look up to for so many things - and tempting me with late night talks + crafting?! Are you kidding me?! I would love that! You just have to move to Spokane - I know they have animals there!!!
:) Oh and you can count on a visit from me for sure - 2012 will give me enough time to get the funds together and get over there by then you'll give me the grand of grand tour with all you'll have done! Looks so beautiful - can't wait! xoxxo!

PS hope to Rick + his wife next week!