It's official...we are moving to JAPAN for our 1st assignment with the military! We couldn't be more excited!!! For those of you who may not know...Shane served his mission in Japan and I served mine in Taiwan...so we cannot wait to go back there (it's been almost 9 years)! We will be on the Yokota Air Base which is 30 miles outside of Tokyo. We will be moving there this July and our assignment is for 3 years. We don't have any other details, but will definitely post them as we find out.
If anyone has any advice or knows anything about the area we would love to hear it!






27 comments:
urayamashii yo!!!! honto ni anatatachi wa 'raaki' da yo!!! shirasete kudasatte doomo arigatoo ne!
Wow! How exciting! That is great, and will be a really neat experience for your family. I can't believe you'll be there for three years.
That is SO awesome!! Urayamashii mo! Nihon ni ikitai!! How wonderful that will be! Going back to Shane's old stomping grounds! How's the japanese shane? We are going back to japan for my 30th b day this coming year and I'm so rusty in the language, I'm a little nervous about that! Good luck and congrats!! I'll have to let Shiraho shimai know about your move there(now kozue macmichael)I bet she'll have some great advice for you! Omedeto gozaimasu!!
OH MY GOSH! THAT'S AWESOME! And guess what... I JUST GOT AN AIR FORCE APPOINTMENT! I'll call you this weekend.
WOW! So exciting!! That is so great - what a wonderful experience you guys have ahead of you!
wow! i am so excited for you guys! that is just so wonderful and exciting!
That is great! You all will have so much fun!
I can't believe you guys are off to Japan. What a great experience!
ahhhhhh....I'm so excited for you guys. What a perfect place for your family! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures there. Rich just accepted an internship in Salt Lake. We are excited but nervous about how we are going to make ends meet. It will be a great opportunity though. Well congrats again...can't wait to see you in May.
Wow, that is going to be so cool! I'm just sad we didn't take better advantage of your floor for a Disneyland trip. Kordel was stationed in Okinawa, but never mainland Japan, so he doesn't think he has any useful info for ya. I'm excited to hear the news about it as it comes. By the way, WAY CUTE family picture. You guys are models or something.
IIII NAAA! Lucky desu ne. kitto tanoshii omoide ga tsukarareru yo! Kondo nihon no curry house ni ikou ne!
Wow! That is so great!! Congrats!
That is so neat! Best wishes, and have fun over there.
How exciting! We are so happy for you guys, I know how much you wanted this. Kirk's Uncle has lived in Japan for 30 years as a professor there and I bet he would love to show you guys around.
Love, The Haymore's
That is so exciting Amy, I am happy for you! I am sad that you will be gone for three years. I hope that you will come back for Christmas's so that we can do our lunch outings :)!
Congrats guys, how exciting!! You guys are gonna have so much fun going back there, we sure will miss your family though :)
Love,
the mangolds
That is so exciting!! What a fun experience you all will have as a family.
Amy and Shane - it's me....amy (shane's cousin. I loved your christmas card and am glad to know you have a blog. I am really excited to read you are goin gto Japan!! Wow what an adventure that will be. Good luck. Your family is so cute. You have such beautiful kids!!!
Amy!! It's Emilie Decker. You left a comment on my blog entering my contest for a free photo shoot. What a small world (did you know it was me?). I was looking at your blog & thought you look familiar & then I saw you & Joe in 1995!! What great photos. You are so gorgeous, it's so weird to see old friends after years & years. You blog is darling & congrats on Japan. I say if you win I come there to take your photos :)
I didn't realize your possibility of moving out of the country. That's neat that Shane has been there - so it's not a frightening thing to look forward to!
Congratulations!
Wow, how exciting for your family! What an adventure and great opportunity that will be! Congrats!
Congrats!!I'm so glad you sent me your blog, so I can stalk I mean keep up with all of you. Mark and I are coming down in May we should get together again. I love the picture of Ricki on that really classy ladder. hahaha I seriously have the same picture, so does Tennille. Good Luck, and thanks for keeping up with us. love your favorite cousin
Taralee
How exciting! Congratualtions! I can't wait to see pics of your little family in Japan.
I forgot to tell you that Dan's cousin lives in Tokyo that would be funny if you meet them. They are the sweetest family ever! I will send you an email of their names and where they live at.
So fun to connect. Let me know if i can help pressuring Joe into blogging. That would be so fun to see all that he is up to. Tell him hi for me. Write me & give me your email address & I'll put you on my mailing list. Good luck with Japan & let me know if you need any photos while you're there, I'll jump on a plane ;)
Amy. Hey this is Brooke (Wilson) Oldroyd, I hope you don't mind me checking in, I read your blog but don't ever comment --- cute little family you have!
Good Luck and Congrats with Japan, WOW!
I will be excited to hear all your adventures.
bmoldroyd (at) yahoo dot com.
email me for an invite to mine!
Good luck, Amy! -Heidi
Post a Comment