Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Post Office Fun

Last month my friends and I were complaining about not receiving any packages that we'd ordered or that family had sent. We were having a lot of fun complaining about how the post office wasn't getting them to us until my friend Alisha had an idea..."hey, why don't we go help out instead of just complaining about it"...what?! Why should we do that....complaining about it is way more fun!

Well, Alisha called the post office and set up a time for us to go and volunteer. Serious! So off we went on a Saturday morning.

Alisha & I had to empty packages out of the yellow bags on the left and stack them like Legos on the palette. It was fun seeing how high we could get them.

John & Mikal Davids, post office guy, Jeanne, Salinda, Alisha, another post office guy & me in front.

We then had to stack the boxes on the shelves behind us. It was like playing TETRIS. Everything had to fit perfectly. I learned that the Post Office is very organized. I was very impressed!

Let me tell you...volunteering at the post office was a BLAST!!! We had SOOOOOO much fun! Even the people that worked there kept looking at us funny and at one point said..."you guys are having way too much fun"....."most people are volun-told to be here...and you guys actually came on your own."

Needless to say I did not find any packages for my family, but I did see many of my friend's mail and maybe I wrote little notes on each of them :) We will definitely do this again next year! Till next time Post Office friends!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

What an awesome idea!!! Everyone should have an attitude about everything in life like that!

beck said...

i totally want to see the wall hanging you made! i am so at a loss for wall art. and did i mention the halloween costume you made was AWESOME! perfection pays off!

The Larson's said...

Random, but nice. You are so funny and I bet you did have a fun time there!

Tandy said...

It's been a while since I caught up with your blog, but this post CRACKS ME UP! You are so silly... it's refreshing!
How are things going there? How much longer do you have? Looks like you have so much fun, enjoying the best of it all! (Even a 12 hr. road trip!) And the b-day party... I'm going to have to steal some of those ideas! Fabulous!