Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Shane's b.day Part 2

Shane's birthday gift from me (and my family) was a little weekend getaway....all by ourselves...no kids!!! This was the first time we've left our kids for more than just a few hours. Thanks Joe and Jamie for watching them...they had a blast with you guys!
Shane and I felt like we were on our honeymoon again...it was SOOO AWESOME!!!

1st Day
Shopped, ate, & went to the movies at the Gateway Mall in Utah.
(DO NOT see Knowing---way LAME ending!!!)

Had a fabulous stay at the Marriott! THANKS SO MUCH MOM & DAD--it couldn't have been any better!!!

2nd Day Went SNOWBOARDING at Snowbird all day Saturday-WHAT A BLAST-we felt like we were in highschool again! I actually hadn't been since highschool (yeah...that's 12 1/2 years-WOW) and this was Shane's 1st time. When we got to the top of the hill we sat there for about 10 minutes because we both didn't dare go down :0. It would have been funny to watch us that day. We are both a little bruised and sore, but we had an ABSOLUTE AWESOME time! Shane, you are a natural!

Me catching my FOOT of air :)..ha ha! If you knew how scared I was you'd laugh!

And then we had a relaxing dinner at...

Thanks again everyone (you all know who you are) for helping this weekend turn out so awesome! We love you all!

9 comments:

Karly Barker said...

Hey Amy! I don't know if you remember me but I just found your cute blog off of Katie Faulkner-Southwicks. Your family is so adorable! I can't believe you have two kids. What a blast. Just wanted to drop in and say hi!

Brett + Kristin said...

Good for you guys!! That sounded like the perfect getaway! I am so glad you guys got to do that.

Jaime said...

So JEALOUS you guys! Looks like an amazing little getaway for the two of you - time like that is so appreciated when you get the chance! I'm so happy you guys had such a fabulous weekend!

Nelson News said...

I am so happy you were able to get away! Yay for you. I haven't been back to snowbird since I blew my knee back in college, maybe you have inspired me! I love you r family photo, it's darling!

Anonymous said...

AMY,
I HAVE HAD THE MOST FUN CATCHING UP AND READING THROUGH YOUR BLOG! WHAT GREAT THINGS YOU HAVEBEEN UP TO AND YOUR KIDS ARE GREAT. YOUR COOL DUDE JAYDEN BOY REMINDS ME A LOT OF MY HENRY. AND I THINK I WILL TRY JIGSAW PUZZLES TOO! I AM THRILLED THAT YOU WILL GET THIS JAPAN OPPORTUNITY WITH YOUR FAMILY. PRICELESS. MIEKA WELLS HIATT

Ashley said...

Amy!! Hi! I've thought about you a ton too. Your blog is so cute! I only update mine like once a month. It's private so send me your e-mail and I'll send you an invite. I think we'll be there on Friday but I'm not 100% yet. I'll let you know. It's so good to see you and your cute fam. I'll talk to you soon. Hopefully Friday!

Carr Family said...

Looks like such a fun weekend!!!

The Larson's said...

How fun! What a great birthday gift! I loved the snowboarding shots. You are awesome!!

Gibbons said...

Time just flys by. David also just turned 29 and I can not believe that it was 10 years ago that he nd Shane met. CRAZY! We have not seen eachother for far to long. Looks like things are ging well. Love you all!