I know I'm 3 months off, but hey...that seems to be my life nowadays...oh well! :)
Jayden was Sully for the 3rd year in a row. He was Diego last year for our Church's Trunk-or-treat, but on Halloween day he actually ended up being Sully again...so that makes it 3 years....crazy kid! I've tried to prepare him by explaining that next year he probably won't fit in Sully anymore, but he doesn't want to believe it.
For those of you that have never seen Monsters Inc...here are some pictures of Jayden & Tia's favorite characters:
Halloween 2009:
This lady had Sully & Mike hair ties.
Halloween 2010:
The first year that Jayden was Sully I made a little Mike costume for Tia, but I couldn't squeeze her into it again (it's a size 18 months)...darn it! This year I told myself I wasn't going to STRESS the whole family out by making another costume...so I didn't..............until the night before. What was I thinking??? I just couldn't NOT make her a costume that would match Jayden. She really wanted to be Boo, so I gave it the best shot I could in just a few short hours. It was actually really fun...maybe a little stressful (okay A LOT stressful)...but totally worth the results on Tia's face. She was so excited!


I really don't know how to sew, but I'm a perfectionist so I will spend forever working on something until I like it. It drives me nuts, it takes a billion hours to complete something. My poor husband has to put up with this nonsense...he really is a sweetheart!
To make the costume I found 2 really cheap puffy coats at a Japanese store, cut them apart, and then pieced them back together to make something that looked like Boo. The best part about it was she was totally warm & happy that night.
The Japanese love Monsters Inc just as much as our family! Here are a few people taking pictures with the kids.

I found these Spider Web bandanas & spiders at the Dollar Store and made a Bubble Skirt for Tia by following my friend Tanya's pattern, and then made up a funky tie for Jayden.

I know...we are totally NERDY, but why hide it!
Happy LATE Halloween!









4 comments:
So, so cute!!!!!!!!! You did such a great job!!!!!!!!!
AMAZING!!! Tia's costume is seriously cool. Great Job! I wouldn't expect anything less from you. and the skirt and tie were so cute as well. I miss those craft nights.
The kids looked so cute that night! just loved it!!!
you my friend are incredible!
Post a Comment