Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jayden's STAR WARS Birthday

Jayden turned 5 in December!
(yes, I'm still playing catch-up on my blog)

EVERY little boy needs to have a Star Wars party...right? Jayden has wanted one for months! Sometimes at night I'll sneak in and peak on Shane reading Jayden bedtime stories and that's NOT at all what they are doing....I'll find them sitting on the bed with Shane's laptop watching Star Wars movies in the dark...WHAT!?! In Shane's defense...they DO read books also. I've NEVER been a huge fan of Star Wars, but Shane obviously is and we knew (actually Grandma Atkin knew) that Jayden would be SO EXCITED to have a Star Wars party.

ALL of our ideas were inspired by these 2 websites (THANK YOU people who share ideas & make others lives easier!):

THE INVITATION:

THE FUN:
My parents came to visit in October and found out how much Jayden loves Star Wars. A couple weeks later Grandma Atkin sent me a surprise package with STAR WARS cookie cutters, lunch box, sandwich cutters, and party supplies. What would I do without my mom??? She made this party happen! Thanks mom!!!

Shane and I bought Jayden this backpack to go with all the fun stuff my mom sent.

He also received some cool Star Wars Legos and outer space toys from Grandma Andrews. I am still so amazed how both Grandmas always know what makes these little kids excited! Thanks Grandma Andrews!

We made Star Wars Ice Cream Sandwiches for Jayden's Pre-School (I forgot to take a picture at the end...ooops). Super cool idea Grandma!

Of course I had to make him a shirt for the big day (I love making shirts). I learned how to make a stencil and paint it on a shirt from I am Momma Hear Me Roar. He was so excited! I think he wears it every other day :)

THE PARTY

Meet our Jedi Knights:

Jayden

Jonah

Noah

Connor

Gio Gio

Tyler

Sol

And here is Princess Leia:
She needed a little help with the light saber from Jedi Master Daddy :)

Tia

What cute little Jedi's!

Ready to PARTY!!!

Shane was in charge of all the games for the party. I gave him a bunch of websites and said good luck. He did awesome! Check them out below...

Game 1:
Pass the Light Saber
Skill: speed & handling ability

Whoever was holding the light sabers when the music stopped were able to practice their light saber skills in the middle of the circle. We definitely had to have rules on this one...the kids were really excited to clobber each other with the light sabers. Luckily no one got hurt :)

GAME 2:
YODA SAYS
Skill: listening

Game 3:
SAVE PRINCESS LEIA
Skill: speed & rescue ability

We timed how long it would take the kids to save Princess Leia (pop her out of a balloon).

Only 12 seconds!

Game 4:
SPECIAL GUEST & ASTROID ATTACK
Skill: throwing

We had a "Special Guest" show up to help the kids practice their "throwing" skills.

Here are the kids when the guest arrived...

What's a Star Wars party without Darth Vader?!

We went out back and the kids "attacked" Darth Vader with Astroids (mini chocolate cup cakes).

It looks like the young Jedi's won!

Shane...you are AWESOME! The games were a BLAST!

DINNER:
Thanks mom for all the plates and napkins!

We had a fun dinner, but I only took 1 picture...bummer!

Here's what we had...

Darth Vader, Yoda, & Storm Trooper Jello Jigglers

Pizza Planets
My friend Alisha makes these fabulous Pizza Rolls (this picture was taken a couple of months ago). The kids loved them!

Yoda Sodas
I found this fun drink & picture at Makeandtakes.com

We also had:

- Light Saber Carrots

- Purple Astroids (grapes)

THE LIGHT SABER CAKE:

We all had a great time! And, best of all...no one was injured :)!

THANK YOU CARDS:
Jayden helped me write his THANK YOU cards this year...it was great and so much better than I would have done! He even drew pictures of each of their gifts.

A Few Fun Facts about Jayden:

1. Loves to ride his 2 wheeled bike and jump off curbs.

2. He's a dare devil.

3. He loves Legos.

4. Super excited about pre-school and learning.

5. Wants to read SO bad.

6. Loves writing anything he can. He pulls out magazines during quiet time and re-writes the words onto paper.

7. Loves and misses his grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. He ALWAYS asks when we'll get to see them again.

8. He's a great artist. His "people" now have clothes on, pockets on their pants, hair, facial features, and ears. His favorite thing to draw is family members climbing Mt. Fuji.

9. He's learning that a sister can be a Best Friend.

10. He gives the most heartfelt, detailed prayers ever. He is really starting to understand that he is a child of God and that Heavenly Father hears and answers his prayers.

We love you Jayden and are so proud of the wonderful young man you are becoming!

7 comments:

Rich and Nickie said...

You guys are seriously the coolest parents ever. Will you adopt me??? I'm so stealing your ideas for Mason's next b-day. Got your Christmas card...loved it thanks...so cute! Miss ya!

Jaime said...

Amy! seriously you rock! Love all the games + decor.

Camie said...

It sounds like little 5 year old boys are the same all over the world!! We are planning a VERY similar Star Wars party for our Clayton who is turning 5 this weekend!! Hopefully it will turn out as fun as yours!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Wow!! Amy!! Your kids are so LUCKY to have you as parents!!! You guys are amazing!

beck said...

awesome that shane did the games. parties are so much work. i just had one last night and i am exhausted. i wish i could get adam to do more than take pictures of the party. and we only got 4 pictures total. of course he was home for this one so that was a plus. he missed cordy's party.

Jeff and ReAnn said...

What a fun party. But nothing about Kaylee in those favorites. Dang... I guess being a boy comes first. LOL

Brett + Kristin said...

That is seriously the most AWESOME bday party!! I've been thinking about Crue's (he's really into Transformers) and man... you did some great planning!! I need to check out some of those websites!