Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to Blogging!

I know, I know...it's been FOREVER since I've posted! There's really NO reason why. I think I just got out of the habit...and that I'm overwhelmed with how much I HAVEN'T blogged, so I just gave up. Well, thanks to some nudging from friends...I'm trying to regain a relationship with my blog :) I'm in the middle of a BIG post (our visit to Utah), but it's going to take me a while, so here's a smaller post just so I can say I'm blogging again :)

TANABATA FESTIVAL
The city near our base had a Summer Festival last week. We dressed the kids up and headed out for "Dinner on a Stick". I didn't get any pictures of our dinner, but basically everything comes on a stick (corn, pineapple, banana's covered in chocolate, chicken, rice wrapped in pork dipped in a yummy sauce, etc). But, our favorite item of the night was...the Shaved Ice. Sorry, we also ate them to fast to take any pictures :/, but they were fabulous!

We just had to take a picture with these cute Japanese kids.

BAKING & BUILDING
Tia received a package from Grandma in the mail this week...it was an EASY BAKE oven. I remember having one of these as a kid and feeling so grown up. The kids were SOOOOO excited to use it!

Making pretzels.

Yum Yum!

Shane and the kids used the boxes from Grandma's packages and built this in the front room (while I was grocery shopping--boring)....
...they were so excited! I think every toy in the house ended up in this fort. Thanks Grandma for making our week an exciting one and thanks Shane for being one awesome dad!

I'll be back soon with more posts than you'll be able to handle :)

3 comments:

Jeff and ReAnn said...

BRING IT ON!!

Jaime said...

YAYYYY! Can't wait for more :) You've got one of the most exciting lives and I've missed your blogging - glad you're back!

Angela Anderson said...

Love the pictures Amy! Miss you!!