Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We've moved in!

I thought I'd take a quick break from organizing and decorating to update our blog! It's been a crazy week, but we LOVE being in our new place. It is perfect for us! Hopefully we'll get it put together soon. I'll definitely post pictures when I do!

Do you remember the post about how well the movers packed our stuff in California...well, NOTHING was broken when it got here. We were so surprised that everything made it safely across the Pacific Ocean. The Japanese movers also did an amazing job getting all of our stuff into our place! They even unpacked most of our stuff for us. It wasn't embarrassing until I walked up stairs and saw one of the movers unpacking our underwear and putting it on the bed :) oh well, hopefully we'll never see them again!

Here are some pictures of our move.

The kids went CRAZY when they saw all of their toys again! They were SO EXCITED!!! This kept them busy for HOURS which gave me a lot of time to organize!

Our back patio!

The kitchen

The bedroom before the movers unpacked all of our underwear :)

10 comments:

KordelandHeather said...

Hey Guys,
It has been fun looking through your last few posts. It brought back lots of memories of being on Okinawa. I was stationed at Camp Schwab for 6 months which is on the east side of the island in about the middle. I wish I had gotten out more and seen more of the non-americanized parts of the island. Since you guys have cars, you have no excuse :)
Among many cool things to see while you're there, may I recommend that you take the Battle of Okinawa Tour. It was very interesting.
I'm excited to read about your adventures there.
-Kordel

KordelandHeather said...

OK, so I just realized that you guys aren't even on Okinawa. Oops. Well, have fun anyways!
-Kordel

Anna said...

How fun to finally have your stuff back! It looks nice there, and pretty awesome to have a Costco nearby.

Perry Family said...

now it will feel like home! I really dislike living out of a suit case!

Trisha said...

Amy,
It is so fun to see all of your updates. It looks like your family is getting all settled in and loving it in Japan.

LaRue Country Living said...

So, Japan---that should be fun and interesting. How long will you be there? It was good hearing from you. Keep in touch

Jaime said...

The place looks awesome! And Costco?! Ok, I won't worry about you anymore!

Tandy said...

Holy cow! I can't believe you are actually there. Isn't life in the military joyous?? Don't answer that. It looks like you have been having fun, though. And, oh, how I wish I could get 2 cars for $4000! Ha! How long are you planning to be there? And did you get base housing... maybe I just didn't read it all very well!
love and miss you!
Wishing you fun... and luck!

Carr Family said...

I've had so much fun catching up on your blog. What a fun adventure you guys are on! I bet your kids will have some great memories of it too. I am still amazed at the prices of cars back there. So awesome!!

The Larson's said...

Amy you are amazing and I love that you are so put together! It looks like you guys are doing well. I can't believe that they have a Costco there! I am glad that we can keep in tough through blogging. Let me know when you will be back in the states!