Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011

Our Annual "Gingerbread House"
Family Home Evening

Usually 1 or 2 weeks before Christmas we like to invite the families that Shane Home Teaches at Church to come over and make gingerbread houses with us. It's been a really fun tradition so far. Shane makes the Gingerbread Houses & frosting from scratch. He's awesome!

The Leonards

Kanisha Carson

Our family
I didn't really help...I talked the whole time...go figure!

We had a blast this year with the Leonards and Kanisha. Thanks guys for making it such a fun night! We're sad that it was our last time, but we've had a great time these last 3 years.

We also had our Japanese friends, Michiko & Kuni, over to make some with us.
It was cute how much they got into it :)

Shane and the kids making our house.

Thanks Michiko & Kuni for a great afternoon!

It was so fun & interesting volunteering at the Post Office last year that I wanted to take Shane back this year. Thanks Mitchell's for joining us. Once again...I was amazed at how organized the Post Office was. They are on the ball!

Luckily Jayden's school had a visit from Santa or this would have been the first year without a picture.

We didn't get very many pictures during the 2 week break because we were too busy being lazy, having fun, and just hanging out as a family. But here are the 2 pictures we did take.

The surprise apron the kids made dad.

And the (not so surprise) apron Tia made mom at preschool. I helped the kids make them for their mom's, but I still acted surprised and she didn't seem to mind.

Another wonderful Christmas in Japan!
Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Jeff and ReAnn said...

I love the japanese nativity behind you in the last picture. So cool. And love the aprons!