Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jayden Speaking Chinese

I taught Jayden how to say "hello" in Chinese a few months ago and now he loves saying it. The other day at Cold Stone there were two Chinese girls in front of us in line and they kept giggling and playing with Jayden. I told Jayden to say hello to them in Chinese and he quickly blurted it out(in Chinese-without my help)...they about died! They didn't know what to do after that! I think we scared them!

Here's Jayden saying "hello, knee how"(I spelled it so that non-Chinese speaking people can hopefully read it) in Chinese it simply means "hello". He can say goodbye in Chinese also, but I don't have a good video of it yet!

4 comments:

Perry Family said...

That is wonderful! Kids learn so fast, its amazing! I think its so funny when americans can speak an asian language...their reaction is priceless!!

Rick Atkin said...

Amy, I love seeing that video! You should post more videos of the kids--we miss them a lot!

Anonymous said...

Well Ni Hao to you too! That is great. How ironic! I am trying to get Brighton to say Xie Xie :) I guess I should start with the English first. And I spotted my favorite statue in the background!

The Allreds said...

I think I'll stick with sign language...Chinese sounds way too hard for me : )