Those of you that know me well know that I am ALWAYS making "lists" . I think I leave the house everyday with a list of things I need to do or buy at the store. I've tried NOT bringing lists before but end up having to run that errand again because I forgot HALF of the things I needed.
Somehow Jayden picked up on me "making lists" and the other day he started making his own. He'd be playing in the front room and say..."oh, where's my list...I need to write something else on it." He'd run into the kitchen and write on this piece of paper (below). He did this 3 or 4 times that day. Then we left to go to the store and without my help he remembered to carry his list with him.
He held it all the way to the store and through the entire store. He'd see something he'd want and say "mom, we need to get that...it's on my list". Sneaky little kid!
Every once in a while he'd say "AHHHH, WHERE'S MY LIST" ....while looking around frantically... "oh, [sigh]...here it is". It's funny but I didn't realize I do that (lose my list and frantically look for it) until he did it. It's crazy what our kids pick up on.
I think I see Jayden's & Tia's names on there and a bunch of letters from all of our names.
Then, a day or two later I told Jayden to remind me to trade Dora movies with Briley's mom (our neighbor). Do any of you tell your 3 or 4 year old to remind you to do something? I think I've done that to him ever since he was a baby. It might sound crazy, but half of the time he actually remembers and I don't.
After I told him to remind me he said "I need to write it on my list" and he ran into the kitchen and DREW this picture on his "list" for me...
Isn't that awesome! I can totally tell what it is. He gave me his "list" and said "Here mom, you need to remember to trade Dora DVDs with Briley's mom" .
I love this kid! Thanks Jayden for always wanting to learn and try new things. We are so proud of you!








4 comments:
Oh thats so cute! And i love the picture of you and Alisha!!! so funny!
love those lists...what a great habit to pass on. I believe in lists too, so much more productive! Happy New Year!
Am I the tall one in that picture? Jayden has already grown up so much- just since you have been here!
Thanks for the Christmas Card... Glad to have your blog address so we can follow :)
Post a Comment