Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fun in the Snow

It rarely snows here in Tokyo, so when it does....everyone (on base) goes crazy! You'd think we were all 5 years old. The best thing about it is...husbands get to come home from work! Why work when it's too dangerous for people to drive to your work?! So, last week when it started snowing and Shane was released from work at 2:00 p.m. he was in snow clothes before I could blink. The kids were so excited!

The snow was AWESOME!!! It was soft, fluffy and did not stop coming down. I don't know how much snow we ended up getting but I'm pretty sure it was at least 6-8 inches. It's all melted and gone now, but we had a good 2-3 days to enjoy it! I'm a wimp and have to admit that I like when it snows, but melts just a few days later. I don't know what I'm going to do when we live in Colorado and the snow doesn't go away.

Dad & Tia
That's Tia way out there. I guess she needed a little bit of alone time with fresh, untouched snow :)
Jayden and his buddy Luke.

Somehow Shane convinced Tia it would be cool to bury her in the snow. She wasn't too excited when she realized it was not like being buried at the beach.

The fort that Shane and Jayden built in our backyard.

No comments: