Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jayden's 4th Birthday

Jayden turned 4 this month! Happy Birthday little dude! We love you so much!!!

This year he had his very 1st "friends" birthday party. We had parents drop off their kids for 1 1/2 hours so that we could PARTY PARTY PARTY. Jayden was SOOOOOO excited! Oh how I wish his cousins & California friends could have come also! We missed you guys!

Jayden chose to have a MONSTERS INC. birthday party, so that's what we tried to do.

THE INVITATION

PARTY DAY GIFTS

We gave Jayden these gifts that morning so that he could have them at his party.

Monsters Inc. Shirt

I finally had this shirt "professionally" made. I'd attempted making it 3 different times before, but each time it has washed off. So finally here's a keeper.

Monsters Inc. Pinata

Shane worked all week making this pinata for Jayden. Jayden couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it...he was SOOOOOOO excited!!!

THE DECORATIONS

The front door.

The front room.

Monsters Inc pictures.

I made this Mike "thingy" out of a green Asian lantern. I couldn't believe it actually worked. Yay!

THE NAME TAGS Aren't these cute? I found them on this blog and then just modified them a little. I'm so grateful for people that share their ideas...it saved me a lot of time and headache.

OUR LITTLE MONSTERS

THE 3 STATIONS

1) Fishing Pond Tia fishing.

Jayden couldn't believe that he "fished" out Monsters Inc socks.

Here's what we found for the fishing pond prizes. I'm so excited that Japan likes Monsters Inc also. I would have never found these things in the States.

After everyone "fished" they colored Monsters Inc pictures.

2) Monster Masks All the kids got to create their own Monster Masks (saw the idea at Oriental Trading Co.).

Here are all of the little Monsters (except for Tia & Briley)...

Jayden, Mattea, Nikolai, Mayci, & Xavier

Giovanny, Jonah, Brynly, & Hailey

Tessa, Tyler, & Everett

Isn't that cute how Everett can't see because he covered up his eye holes? What a doll!

3) Pin The Eye on Mike (Idea came from this blog also)
Jayden, Mayci, Xavier, & Nikolai doing their best to get it in the right spot. I won't say which one's were peaking :)

Then we let the kids have a little FREE TIME to get their wiggles out.

All 14 little Monsters excited for the Pinata.

THE PINATA

Jayden's big hit.

The BRAKE by Xavier.

The POUR.

The SCRAMBLE.

THE CAKE

I love that EVERYONE is working SO hard to help blow those candles out. Team work is the best...thanks guys!

Last, but not least...eating & enjoying the cake!

We are so glad that everything went well, nobody got hurt, and Jayden LOVED it! Till next year little buddy. Love ya!

5 comments:

Christina said...

So fun and creative! Happy Birthday Jayden!

Stevens Family said...

Wow Amy you are the supper party planner. What cute stuff. I can't believe your kids are getting so big.

Carroll Family said...

That is so cute Amy, what a fun birthday party. I hope Jayden heard our birthday message of the kids singing to him. We love you Jayden, we hope you had a fantastic 4th birthday!!!

Jeff and ReAnn said...

I just love that Jayden is still in love with Monsters Inc. What a stud. You did awesome. I am sure you have been planning it for weeks. And what a turnout. Now if you can make through Christmas then you can take a break. Happy Birthday Jayden. We love you too.

Kim said...

Amy what a great looking party! Awesome job on all the homemade stuff- you've got some talent! Happy belated birthday Jayden!