Monday, July 28, 2008

30 is the NEW 20....right?!!

So...I turned the BIG 3-0 this month! What a fabulous age! I'm loving it!

I had another awesome birthday! I spent it with those I love most (my sweet husband and two adorable kids)! Jayden thought it was so cool that it was HIS MOM's birthday. He's still building me cakes out of wood chips (outside) and putting sticks in them for me to blow out! What a cutie!

Here's what we did in a nutshell...croissant roll-french toast breakfast-YUMMY, a fun day playing with my kids, phone calls from my family & friends, getting frozen yogurt together as a family before the kids went to bed, eating at BENIHANA'S--FABULOUS!, and a SURPRISE new camera-YEAH-now I just need to learn how to use it!

Shane caught me getting mad at my new camera the other day and reminded me that it wasn't the camera but the one holding it that didn't know what they were doing...DOH! I love you Shane, thanks for always pulling me back to reality! So...any tips you all (Tanya, Clare, Christina, Collette, Jaime, Byron, Dad, and everyone else that I forgot to mention) might have PLEASE send them my way!

Here's us eating dinner...
and here's our cook who made an AMAZING meal!!!

Anyways...I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of my 30 year old friends and to those who will be turning 30 this year (Audrie, Jaime, Sonnie, etc.). What a wonderful age...we are in our prime! Love you all tons!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh totally! You didn't know that?! LOL Happy Birthday - hope you guys are okay - we heard about the earthquake! We promise we'll call you when things aren't so crazy around here. Hope you had a great day! I love Benihana's!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Happy Birthday to you Amy! I am turning 30 in September. Everyone acts like it's a big deal, but I don't really feel like it's a big deal! Sounds like you had a great celebration! Let us know about the Earthquake, I hope you guys are ok!

Carr Family said...

You make 30 look awesome!!! Sounds like you had a great birthday, which is good cause you deserve it!

Tanya said...

yeah happy birthday! and a new camera! i am so excited. i have lots of tips for you. i will write you an email about it. love you guys!

Nelson News said...

I am not looking forward to my birthday as much as my husband and kids are! Your kids are darling and I think you had a perfect bash! Happy Birthday!

The Allreds said...

happy birthday! wish I could still say I was 30 : )