What is his name? Shane Jay Andrews, aka Shane, hun, sweetie, dad, and sometimes 'bud' and 'buddy' by accident...oops!
How did you meet? We met on a side walk at the MTC...NOT as missionaries, but as TEACHERS :)
Our 1st date: For our first date Shane invited me to a play at the Hale Theater in Orem, Utah. He was so nervous he forgot to tell me NOT to dress formal to the play (because the Hale Theater is a very kicked back theater) that he called me a BUNCH of times that week to tell me that I DID NOT need to dress up. My roommates and I thought it was so funny that he kept reminding me that we decided I should get all dressed up, so this is what I looked like when he came that night...
Don't you just love the sleeves! There's also a HUGE bow on my hip. Thanks Shanna(my older sister) for the sweet early 90's dress! It sure helped break up the awkwardness of a first date. We had a blast and were very comfortable with each other after that. Don't worry...I didn't go into public wearing this!
How long did we date? 10 months
How long have we been together? We've been married 5 1/2 years
Who said I love you first? I'm sure that I thought it first, but held off until HE said it.
Who is taller? Shane...except for when I wear high heels.
Who can sing better? Definitely Shane! He's GREAT at it!
Who is smarter? SHANE! He works so hard at everything he does and excels in school! I am so proud of him! But, I do think I am a little more street smart than he is :)
Who does the laundry? Probably Shane :( If we had our own laundry room I think I would, but it's hard to haul both the kids and the laundry over to the laundry room, plus I always ruin or shrink something of his when I do it.
Who does the dishes? Both...maybe a little more me! But, I think maybe Shane puts them away more!
Who mows the lawn? If we had our own grass Shane and Jayden would both be doing it. They can't wait!
Jayden LOVES doing everything just like his dad.
Who drives? Shane, I hate driving in the crazy California traffic. I'm always the slowest one on the road (even though I'm going over the speed limit). I have to admit, I do TELL Shane HOW to drive when he's driving...he doesn't like that too much!
Who kissed who first? Shane...although I'd wanted to kiss him forever I was trying to be lady like and let him do it first. It happened one night in my parents driveway and Shane still swears my mom saw the whole thing.
Who proposed? Shane did on an absolutely beautiful day in Sundance, Utah.

Who is more stubborn? I'd say it's a TIE, but then again...it's probably me!
Who is more sensitive? Me, but Shane does have a sensitive side...I love it!
Who wears the pants? Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's Shane,...and sometimes it's Jayden :( , but we're putting our foot down on that last one.
Here are a few pictures of Shane.
And he LOVES our family
I LOVE YOU SHANE!!! Thanks for being an AWESOME husband, dad, and BEST friend!
I don't know what I'm supposed to do now, but it seems like I'm supposed to tag someone. So I tag Missy C. because I know hers will be funny and because I know she's never been tagged before. Anyone else who hasn't been tagged consider yourself "husband tagged". I'd love to read about you and your husband.











10 comments:
How fun to learn all that stuff about Shane (and you!); and I LOVE the photograph of your kids on the merry-go-round!
How fun, you guys make such a perfect couple!! And way to do the Laundry...Mark doesn't like doing the laundry one bit!! HA HA!!Reading all about Shane is so fun!! Its been too long since we have met up, please next time you drive through vegas, you have to stop by!! And I'm with you on the california driving, don't like doing it!
You guys are a great couple!! that was a very cute post!
Oh and that is so funny that you have that same dress. It is soo cute, I love it! I actually just bought it for this particular party. I didn't even know when I chose it, but at the cash register I learned it was on like double clearance or something...I only ended up paying like 30 bucks! what a steal!
Well, now that I know you have good taste in dresses, I guess we can hang! j/k..you and your husband both have better style than I do!
I remember Shane calling me to tell the story of your first date... makes me laugh so much!
It's fun to learn a little more about him, he sounds perfect for you! Love all the pics, you guys are so cute!
i loved every second of that post. i totally took a trip down your little dating lane! so cute! i love you guys as a couple and i am so glad you met! now we have two of the coolest friends ever! love you guys!
that rocker pic is just way too good...
I'm so glad you did the tag. It was so fun to hear all those stories. You guys are so cute together and you can tell you guys have a blast. I love Shane's "Rocker" pic. So fun! Too bad we don't live closer, I think we would have a blast!!!
We really miss you guys! Come visit us in Utah!
Oh my goodness. That was too funny. And I had no idea that Amy had a weakness (the laundry deal)! And yes, Shane is an awesome guy! Both of you are such great people! We will be calling you shortly!!! Thanks for our surprise - we LOVE it!
Post a Comment