Friday, June 26, 2009

Gardening with Grandma

Today the kids went with Grandma to pick the ripe fruits and vegetables from her garden. I must be honest...I've never been interested in gardening before...UNTIL NOW! It has been so fun seeing my mom's garden grow! Sometimes I go down to her garden, by myself, just to see how big things are getting. I am really excited for the THOUSANDS of grapes that are almost ripe...I can't wait! Here are some cute pictures of the kids helping grandma! They were SO EXCITED! All Tia cared about was filling her basket. Even if it meant picking unripe items...sorry Grandma!

Picking tomatoes

Just getting started!

Grandma's Garden

Tia & her basket.

Lessons from Grandma.

Tia got one!

This was all pretty serious business to Tia! I couldn't get any smiles from her because she was too busy gardening.

Jayden was so proud of how much he picked. The basket was so heavy that I had to carry it in for him.

1 comment:

The Allreds said...

that's a gorgeous garden! fun to see the kids get involved!